Your big day is all about you, and you should still feel like you. But how do you create a look that is fresh and modern, which not only lasts all day and looks amazing on camera, but also looks and allows you to feel like you, in the flesh?
1. Get your skin care right - my number one tip. If your base isn’t right, and more importantly, if it isn’t right for your skin type (and skin condition), then it won’t last, and it certainly won’t look good. Analyse your skin – is it dry, or is it dehydrated? Do you need to maintain and control oil throughout the day? Your skin can be oily, yet dehydrated – a common mistake made is confusing dryness with dehydration.
2. Use a primer. It will stop your foundation from sinking into your skin, and either disappearing or going patchy throughout the day. I recommend Laura Mercier’s Primers; or, make life easier, and use a moisturiser with a combined primer, such a Bobbi Brown’s Hydrating Face Cream (ideal for dehydrated skin).
3. Avoid wearing a foundation with an SPF. The camera flash will cause your face to look very pale. Experiment with wearing extra foundation and ask a friend to take some photos, with and without a flash, to see just how it will look on camera.
4. Remember to extend your makeup down your neck and onto your chest area to create the most uniform and natural look possible. Use concealer to conceal any blemishes.
5. Use a corrector under your eyes, to illuminate dark circles and brighten. You will instantly look more awake. I love Bobbi Brown’s Correct and Conceal.
6. Powder, powder, powder! The powder does two jobs here. It reduces shine, and it sets your foundation. Ask a bridesmaid to hang on to your pressed powder, so you can retouch to reduce any shine as the day goes on. I love KIKO's Radiant Fusion Baked Powders.
7. A black gel liner applied to the top lash line will make your eyes pop!
8. Add a pop of colour to your cheeks with a pink or coral toned blusher. Remember that you will need to use colour in your makeup to compensate for the white/ivory dress. Get a flawless base, and add that colour using your blusher. I highly recommend KIKO's Velvet Touch Creamy Stick Blush
9. Don’t be scared of going a little brighter on the lips on your big day. The camera flash can wash out colour. Pink and rose or plum colours are great classic lipstick choices for Brides. Apply your lippy several times, blotting in between each application.
10. Individual lashes are a more natural way of making your eyes stand out, and they can be much more subtle than using strip lashes, but there are loads of really great affordable lashes on the market these days!
Research Bridal makeup applications online and practice until you get it right. If you’re not feeling confident with applying your own makeup on your big day, then please do get in touch for a consultation and a trial with Jules or one of the team.
Working with you at the trial, we will create a lasting look based around your ideas. We also recommend that you show any images of makeup you like, and we will work around this together (bridal magazines, Pinterest etc). We suggest organising the trial for a morning, that way you can see how the makeup lasts throughout the day.
On your big day, we will travel to your home or hotel, and re-create the chosen look. We recommend that the Bride's makeup should take around 60 minutes on the day, with each additional persons makeup taking around 45 minutes. (Assume that we will be on hand for around three and a half hours should you require you plus two bridesmaids and the Mother of the Bride, for example)
We use only the best quality products, ensuring you are confident they will last on your wedding day. Some brands we use in our kit are: Bobbi Brown, KIKO, NARS, Charlotte Tilbury, Tropic Skincare, MAC, and Laura Mercier to name just a few.
If you would like any more information regarding our Bridal service, then please give me a call on 07886 675611, or message me through my Contact Page
17/8/2022 11:37:39 pm
Great bloog you have
4/11/2022 08:04:41 am
Listen manage blue trial person early. Involve such fall. List tend miss white.
Leave a Reply.
Planning a wedding can be a minefield, but Jules and the team are here to at least make the fun part easy - the fun part being everything YOU!